Whoops, I forgot to write about Owen's surgery being postponed. It was meant to be on August 22nd but had to be rescheduled for September 12th. Unfortunately the reason is not a good one...
Owen had another barium swallow done a couple of months ago and it shows that he is refluxing really badly. The surgeon has decided that he will need to have surgery (a nissen fundoplication) to try and stop the reflux at the same time that he has the PEG surgery. Basically Owen will have the top part of his stomach wrapped around his esophagus to stop his stomach contents from coming back up.
They had to change the date of the surgery because it will now require 2 surgeons.
We've got another wee spanner in the works now too; Owen's got a cold. Because he's high risk for an anesthetic even when he's well he wouldn't be able to have an operation when he is unwell. So fingers and toes crossed that his cold doesn't turn into a nasty respiratory infection.
I'll post again at the time of his surgery to let you all know how he gets on (if he has it!)